This week has been a good one so far! I’m ready to share my thoughts from the week, linking up with Thinking Out Loud Thursday:
- Nearly every day this week, I’ve had at least 4 hours of meetings at work, today included. On the one hand, it’s a nice break from the pressing deadlines and usual work, but on the other hand, by the end of each day I’m more than ready to leave the conference rooms and go home.
- Outside of work, things have been relatively low key, which has also been a nice change of pace. I didn’t even end up writing much in my planner for the first half of the week, as far as to-do lists are concerned. This is practically unheard of for me.
- Speaking of planners, I recently subscribed to the Planner Addict subscription box. I actually subscribed back in November, but due to a series of issues, I won’t be receiving my first box until today (according to USPS tracking). I have to say, this company is already leaving a bad taste in my mouth, and I will almost definitely cancel. After I get the box, I will be posting a full, honest review of my experience.
- On the topic of subscription boxes, I’ve canceled a bunch in my effort to save more money for the wedding, so I’m down to only two (assuming I follow through on canceling Planner Addict): Sephora and BoxyCharm.
- I was previously subscribed to Julep, but it just wasn’t doing it for me anymore. Also, D and I were subscribers of Japan Crate, which is a subscription that sends out a box of candies from Japan on a monthly basis. I canceled that so we could get through our backlog of Japan Crate goodies and also to save money. I will eventually resubscribe to this one for sure because it’s incredibly fun and unique.
- The weather this week has been unseasonably warm, much to my delight. It was over 60 degrees one day this week and they’re forecasting the same for today. I’ve been getting outside for 1-2 walks per day, and it’s been exactly what I needed.
- D and I were chatting last night about how many old TV shows are relaunching this year. It seems like the trend has been started, and now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. There’s Gilmore Girls, Dexter, the X-Files, Full House, and probably more that I’m not thinking of. I’m a super fan of the Gilmore Girls, but I’m apprehensive that they’re not going to do the original series justice.
- D and I binge watched Dexter right around this time last year and loved it, but couldn’t stand the finale. I’m not sure how they can come back from that in this new version of the series.
Are you looking forward to any of the new “relaunched” TV series?
Are you getting unseasonable warmth in your area too, or is it snowing where you are?