I came up with this concoction about two weeks ago when on a Saturday night, I had absolutely no idea what to eat and I didn’t want to give in to the take-out monster. I had this Laughing Cow cheese in the fridge for a while and had been thinking about doing some sort of creamy pasta dish. Here’s what I came up with!
Pasta Primavera ala Lisa
1 medium or 1/2 large green pepper
4 cloves garlic (use 2-3 if you’re not a hardcore garlic lover like me!)
1/2 box of spaghetti
3 triangles of Laughing Cow cream cheese spread
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup skim or fat free milk
1. Chop the pepper, onion and tomato into thin, long, “matchstick” slices.
2. Spray the bottom of a saute pan with non-stick cooking spray and begin sauteing the pepper and onion until they begin to soften.
3. At the same time, begin cooking the spaghetti, following the instructions on the box.
4. When the peppers and onions have softened enough, add the tomato and garlic, stirring occasionally to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the 3 triangles of Laughing Cow cream cheese to the vegetable mixture and stir until they’re incorporated. Add the milk to thin out the sauce.
6. When the spaghetti is done, set aside a cup-full of starchy pasta water and then drain and combine with the vegetable mixture
7. Stir until combined and then add the Parmesan cheese. If the sauce is still too thick, add a little bit of the reserved pasta water until the consistency is to your liking.
8. Serve it up! Feel free to add even more Parmesan on top.
The dish was creamy without being overly loaded with fat, and I loved the different textures and flavors of the veggies. Let me know what you think!