It’s been building for a long time, but D and I are now MORE than ready to stop renting and start owning our own place to live. Will it happen? It will be difficult, but I think we’re ready to try.
There are plenty of pros and cons to where we’re living now, but the more I think about it, the more I just want to move on to the next phase of my life where I can say that I’m a homeowner.
- I live extraordinarily close to my job, to the point where I can walk to work. This is the BEST!
- The inside of the apartment is pretty large, and we have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I’m well aware of the fact that finding a reasonably priced house with 2 bathrooms is going to be difficult in this area. We’re spoiled – we never have to wait for the other person when getting ready in the mornings.
- Rent is reasonably OK here.
- The management company here is TERRIBLE! The office manager is here maybe 1-2 days per week, so if there’s a problem, it’s not likely going to get fixed quickly.
- The quality of the people who live here has gone a little downhill lately. There have been bouts of raucous screaming outside in the parking lot and now I’m hearing there was a break-in last week.
- We’re having…. “challenges” getting any packages whatsoever delivered to us here. There’s always some problem and we end up on a mission to hunt them down. SO frustrating!
- The kitchen is so small, it’s nearly impossible for both D and I to be in it at the same time without killing each other.
It may be another year or so before we can actually save up enough money for a down payment, but other than that, there’s nothing stopping us from moving out, and plenty pushing us to actually do it.
Do you rent or own? Do you have any renting woes of your own??