Gearing up for Bootcamp

by Lisa on Sunday: Jan 20, 2013

One of the things I decided to do for my fitness this year was to sign up for Fitmixer Bootcamp. I had been reading rave reviews on the program from other bloggers for the past year or so, and had wanted to give it a try. I was lucky enough to catch a huge deal on the package during a Cyber Monday sale, so I signed up. Technically, the program began last Monday, but there was a little delay in getting my package of supplies in time, so I decided I would start tomorrow instead. I just watched the first webcast and prepared my food for tomorrow and I’m ready to go!

This week promises to be pretty busy and tough for many reasons. The first being getting accustomed to this bootcamp, and the second being that this is the week that D returns to school after winter break. To hopefully make things run a little smoother on all counts, I did a huge amount of preparation for the week this afternoon. Here are some of the things I did:

Regular Week Prep
– 5 sandwiches made for D’s lunches for the week
– 5 salads made for my lunches for the week
– Organized my clothes so that I know what I’ll be wearing each day (I haven’t done this in a while, but the extra organization is what I’m craving right now)

Bootcamp Prep
– Separated the different protein and other supplements into resealable containers
– Watched the first 30 minute webcast
– Printed out my meal plan and prepped my snacks for tomorrow
– Browsed through the Day 1 workouts so I know what to expect

This bootcamp is going to be intense – I can already tell! But I know that if I can stick to it, I’m going to see some great results. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I’ll be sure to blog about how things go during the 8 weeks of the program!

10 Responses to “Gearing up for Bootcamp”

1. jan says:

Wow, you are so organized. Impressive!! Have a great week!

I find that the more organized I am, the easier my days seem to get! I hope you have a great week too!

2. Good for you for committing to a fitness program! Boot camps are always tough but make you feel awesome afterwards. Can’t wait to see how it goes!

3. Abby says:

Way to go with the bootcamp! I’m sure you’ll do awesome! I love all the organization you’ve got here, too. I used to lay all my outfits out when I was little.. underwear, socks, accessories. I almost miss it because you just feel so organized and crisp! Hope you have a good week!

Thanks for the encouragement! I find that making all those decisions ahead of time makes the mornings much easier. So far so good!

4. GREAT idea to make all of your salads in advance! I need to do that sometime!

Making them all in advance is such a huge time saver! I love having all my lunches ready to go during the week.

5. I do that with my salads, too! Makes so much more sense to drag everything out once and make several at a time versus making one salad several times a week.

Good luck with your Bootcamp!

I completely agree! If I’m going to pull everything out of the fridge and do some chopping, I’d rather just chop it all at once. Even if I don’t make salads with it all, it’s so nice to just have chopped veggies in the fridge in containers!