A Bootcamp Butt-Kicking

by Lisa on Wednesday: Jan 23, 2013

Not that I was expecting anything less, but bootcamp is definitely kicking my butt. Today is day 3, and I’ve actually stuck to things amazingly well so far. The meal plans are adjustable (I’m substituting the meat for vegetarian friendly proteins and subbing in a snack here and there), so that’s been nice.

The hardest parts so far?

– Drinking 120 oz of water a day. I feel like I’m constantly chugging water!
– No candy/cookies/anything with added sugar or white flour. I generally don’t eat very much of that stuff, but every afternoon between the hours of 2 and 4, I REALLY want something sweet to help get me through the end of the day

The workouts have been extremely difficult too. Day 1 was a fitness test that you take at the beginning and end of the program to assess your progress. I certainly hop I come a long, long way from where I started! The fitness test alone completely wore out my legs and arms. Day 2 was very muscle-specific and I’m feeling it like crazy today in all my muscles.

This morning’s workout included tabata intervals, and after yesterday, my body just wasn’t having it. My thighs were NOT HAPPY about the jump squats, among other things. I wasn’t able to do all of the tabata intervals as a result.

After all that, I declared that tomorrow will be a rest day! My muscles need to repair themselves and my body needs to recover.

I’m hoping I can stick to it and see some results here soon! I’ll keep updating the blog as the weeks go on with how things are going.

10 Responses to “A Bootcamp Butt-Kicking”

1. good for you for sticking it out – keep it up!!

I feel like I’m addicted to sugar..if I have it, I cannot stop. bahh.
    and i am TERRIBLE for never drinking enough water. it’s bad!

There’s been a few times this week where I felt like I NEEDED sugar, but I didn’t want to screw up my progress. I never knew how much I relied on sugar before now!

2. jan says:

Amazing that you have persevered through that tough diet! Great job!

It’s been tough, yet it’s been proving to me that I can do more than I thought I could. Thanks for the support!

3. Dagmar says:

It’s good to take a rest day after a harsh workout. Good job!

4. Christina says:

Way to go!! I’m impressed =). I agree that you should take a day of rest to let your muscles recover. As someone whose muscles have betrayed her, I strongly support you taking good care of them!

120 oz of water is a LOT! Are you allowed any flavoring or does it all have to be plain water? I always do better if I mix it up a little bit. I’ll be rooting for you!

Thank you! I never really do much strength training, so this is really pushing me hard, and I know I’ll be happy I did it when it’s over.

5. Tamara says:

120 ounces of water PLUS jump squats??? Make sure you drink the water afterwards… hate that chugging feeling in the belly.

When I need an afternoon sweet treat, my go to is 1/2 banana with peanut butter. If I need a bit more protein, I mix the PB with some greek yogurt and top with banana slices. Tastes just like dessert!

6. I’ve been hearing a lot about the Fitmixer Bootcamp. Sounds intense. I’m drinking a lot of water, too lately, and it can certainly be a challenge…