It’s Friday and I’ve got a lot of random stuff on my mind, so I thought I’d give you some random Friday thoughts:
1. As blog readers, I’m sure many of you have heard that Google Reader is going to be shut down come July 1. I saw the notification pop up on my reader yesterday and I was shocked! I’ve been using Google Reader for years, and I’m on it practically all day every day keeping up with blogs and the news. I had no idea that RSS readers had started becoming unpopular, and frankly, I don’t think this void can be filled by a regular old social networking site. I will need to start looking for new RSS readers to take over. Anyone have any recommendations?
2. Bootcamp officially ended about a week ago, but I’m a few weeks behind due to starting a week late, taking a little time off for a small injury and just generally not doing 5 of their workouts every week (instead peppering in my own workouts as well). I still have about 3 weeks worth of workouts left to complete, but at this point, I’m going to take my time and not rush to finish them.
3. Speaking of bootcamp, last weekend, D and I did one of the workouts together! It was his first time trying out one of these bootcamp workouts, and we were both feeling it the next day. I think he finally understands how hard these workouts are, and I have to say it was really fun having someone to commiserate with while we were both feeling the pain of the reps.
4. Last weekend the weather was nice for the first time in a long time, so D and I ventured out to an outdoor mall in a nearby town. I decided to force myself to buy at least one article of clothing while we were out. Generally, clothes shopping and I don’t get along whatsoever. I’m too picky and too unwilling to part with my money. We went to pretty much the only store where I ever find clothes that I like: New York & Company and they had SO many pretty things in spring colors. I ended up buying a dressy shirt and a bright blue skirt.
I tried on many more things than just those two, but nothing else quite felt right. I was reminded again of how much I’d like to drop a size or two by summer.
5. I’m officially getting my hair cut tomorrow afternoon! I can’t even remember the last time I got a hair cut, so I’m hoping this will be a nice change. I really shouldn’t go this long without at least a trim.
6. Important info for vegetarians, especially with St. Patrick’s Day coming up this weekend: Guinness beer is not vegetarian. Read more about it here.
How do you feel about the Google Reader news? Anyone as upset as me?