Alisha from Musings of a Maniac Mama was kind enough to recently nominate me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Thank you Alisha!
Receiving this award means that I need to share 7 random facts about myself. Seeing as how I recently gave you 11 random facts, I figured I’d switch this one up a little bit and instead I’m going to give you 7 random things I’m looking for in a house. My house hunting journey has just begun, and here are some of the things I’m looking for:
1. My number one priority in a house is the kitchen/dining area. I’d ideally like to have something that has a nice, open, modern kitchen and a separate dining room that would be big enough to host family gatherings during the holidays. The kitchen I have now in my apartment, is tiny, narrow and can barely contain two people without a fight breaking out.
2. Outdoor space: Having lived in apartments for my the entirety of my independent adult life, I’ve never had an outdoor space of my own. It doesn’t need to be anything big or extravagant, but a nice deck or patio would be awesome. Maybe having an outdoor space of my own would lead to me getting more sun and thus help out with my vitamin D problems.
3. LOTS of space: Between D and myself, we have way too much stuff and currently, nowhere to put it. D is a comic book collector and music/movie/video game enthusiast. This leads to having lots of media storage issues. Not to mention, I’m a big pack rat myself. Extra rooms or a furnished basement would be a great bonus for us. Plus a walk-in closet 🙂
4. Location: As is always the case in real estate, location is the one thing you can’t change about a house, and it’s the most important feature. We need to make sure we’re not too far from my work or D’s work, plus that we’re still close enough to our families.
5. Age: Okay, so here’s the thing. We live in Massachusetts and apparently that means that every other house you look at was built before 1900, and some are shockingly even older than that. Old houses come with nothing but problems, not to mention they generally don’t have many modern conveniences. We may have to pay more for it, but I want a new(er) house.
6. Bathrooms: D and I have been living together in the same apartment for the past 2.5 years and there’s one thing we’ve become accustomed to that we just don’t want to have to live without: Having two full bathrooms. In the mornings, it doesn’t matter who’s getting ready when, because we have two showers and we don’t have to budget time around each other. This is something we’d love to carry over into our new house.
7. Quiet: I don’t want to live on a noisy/busy street, and I can’t wait to have some privacy away from the hordes of neighbors that currently live in our building.
Thanks again, Alisha, for nominating me for this award!