It may not be Friday anymore, but I still wanted to do some Thinking Out Loud.
- The reason I’m a day late with this Thinking Out Loud post is because I’ve had the most ridiculous work week. The stress is off the charts because of a problematic project and looming deadline. But thankfully it’s Friday, and I can try to de-stress over the weekend.
- I’m also thankful to be working from home today, so I can burn through a whole lot of to-do items for work. I’m always way more productive at home than I am at the office. Working at home is the best!
- This past Tuesday was D’s birthday. We started celebrating on Saturday when we did a whole bunch of D’s favorite things. We started with a Japanese lunch (I got a veggie noodle dish with tofu), and then headed to Salem to walk around and do some shopping. We visited a total of 4(!) comic book stores, and D also got a new piercing.
- On his actual birthday, we went a little more low key since it was a work night for the both of us. I gave D his presents, we ordered takeout and then played some video games together.
- The big present for D this year was a new Playstation 4! He’s been wishing for one for several months now, and he was extremely excited and surprised when he opened it. We’ve been playing it together quite a bit since then and having a ton of fun. We’re both big video game fans.
- In wedding planning news, our next step is to start thinking about our registry. We’re planning to start at Macy’s and walk around the store to try to figure out some things we might want/need. Being that we’ve owned a house for two years and also since I’ve lived on my own for the past decade, we already have a vast quantity of household related needs. I’m sure we can find some new things though, and maybe some upgrades of things we already have (like a very nice knife set, heavy duty skillets, etc.). This is sure to be a fun item on the wedding to-do list!
- I hadn’t worked out at all this week due to bulletpoint #1 up there. But since I was working from home today, I had the opportunity to throw on a workout DVD during lunch. I’m so glad I did! I went with a fast-paced TurboFire workout and I felt so much better afterward. It’s amazing what a good sweat can do for your state of mind.
Anyone else out there a video game fan?
What’s your favorite way to de-stress during a particularly stressful week?