Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! If you’re celebrating, I hope you have a great holiday and get lots of time to relax and spend time with loved ones. Before I head off to my family’s festivities of the day, I thought I would check in for a Christmas Eve catch up, linking up with Thinking Out Loud.
- You may have noticed that I haven’t had a blog post in a week or so, and I’ve been missing it a lot! Between holiday planning, wedding planning and my looming work deadline, I’ve barely had time to do much else in my life.
- Thankfully yesterday was a slow day at work because nearly the whole office was out on vacation. I made it a work-from-home day and during down time did some catching up on things including cleaning my house and getting some blog things prepped.
- I have officially started putting together some plans and goals for the new year! I started by cracking open my brand new 2016 Erin Condren planner and writing down my January blog schedule and getting ready to start filling in my official resolutions. Next up will be my list of resolutions. I will have a post coming up soon on how I use my planner to keep my life organized, so stay tuned for that!
- I saw a great idea on someone’s vlog recently for a new idea for meal planning. Using her idea, I’ve created a collection of sticky note flags, each of which has a different meal written on it. The stickies will be assigned to the days in my planner when I’m doing my weekly planning, but the beauty of this system is that the stickies can be moved when plans change (which they always inevitably do). Then after each day has passed, the stickies go back on my dashboard, and I can write down what we actually ended up eating if it was different than the plan.
- I mentioned I got that idea from a vlog, and I have to say that since I’ve started watching vloggers and other types of Youtubers a few months ago, I’ve gotten so many brilliant ideas on organization and life in general! I love the community on there.
- Because of how busy the past few weeks have been, I’ve been eating take out like crazy. After Christmas, I’m looking forward to getting back on the healthy eating/cooking at home bandwagon. It’s really gotten out of hand lately, but it’s been what’s been working for the moment.
- Last week, D and I had a very nice date night when we went out to Sculler’s Jazz Club at the Doubletree in Boston. They do a dinner and a show package which starts off with a 3 course meal at the hotel’s restaurant and concludes with a jazz show. We saw Helen Sung and the show was amazing. It was so nice to get out and do something fun together.
- Last weekend we also had our official save the date photo session with our photographer. We should be getting the pictures back in the next week or two and I’m really anxious/excited to see how they came out.
That’s it for today! I hope everyone is having a great week and a great holiday.
What are your holiday plans?