2016 New Year’s Resolutions

by Lisa on Saturday: Jan 02, 2016

Happy new year! I hope you all had a great time celebrating New Year’s Eve and welcoming in the year 2016. This will be a big year for me, which I’m hoping will include a lot of positive changes. Not to mention the fact that it’s the year I get married! I started writing down my goals for the new year yesterday in my Erin Condren planner, and I thought I’d do a post summing up what I’m going to attempt.

Happy New Year

Health and Fitness

I’ve decided that for the first half of the year, my main focus is going to be on this category and the next (my wedding). I’m getting married on June 25th, and I have a long way to go to feel the best about my fitness for the big day. I honestly didn’t hit too many of my fitness goals in 2015, so it’s time to really buckle down and make sure I do the right thing for myself. I have some new workout DVDs which I’m going to start working with on Monday. Also, I’m going to track all my food for the entirety of January in order to kick things off on a good note.

Wedding

There’s a lot left to do for the wedding, but my biggest goal is to slow down and enjoy the planning process. Thus far, it’s been more stress than fun and I don’t want the good parts to pass me by. I have a ton of wedding to-dos and goals that I’m going to be working on in this category.

Blog

While the first two categories are going to be the biggest focus for the first six months, this and the following two will still be in the background during that time and then take primary focus after the wedding. For the blog, I’m going to try to keep up with a 3 times per week posting schedule as well as joining and building up some new social networks. Also, since I discovered my passion for planning in 2015, I have some exciting thing I’m planning in that category coming up pretty soon.

House

As always, there will be several things on the 2016 list related to the house. I’m continuing on with my massive reorganization of certain areas of the house. Next up on the list are the hall coat closet, the drawer on my vanity and the coffee table drawers. If I have enough time in the year, I’d also like to start strategizing how to completely redo the bedroom closets.

Personal

I always try to make some room on my goals lists for things that are just for me. This year, I’m aiming to read 12 books (one per month), and to make some time to play certain video games that have been sitting on my shelf for a few years.

——————————

Are you making any new year’s resolutions this year? What kind?

What are you most looking forward to in 2016?

12 Responses to “2016 New Year’s Resolutions”

1. Mia says:

Wow! This is a really good set! I think it’s great to have resolutions in many different categories! 🙂

Thanks! I like to have a variety of goals every year to keep my life balanced.

2. Ahhhhh happy wedding year!! So exciting!! 🙂 Good luck with your 2016 goals! Happy New Year!

Thank you!! There are certainly a lot of exciting things ahead this year. I hope you’re having a great start to the new year!

3. Wow, you’ve got a huge year in front of you! Congrats on the upcoming wedding, and best of luck with all the planning.

I think tracking food is a huge part of success when it comes to feeling your best and being healthy. When I know I have to write down my food intake, I’m much less to indulge in (as much) junk.

Thank you! I agree that food tracking makes a huge difference. So far I’ve been keeping up with it, and I’m hoping I keep up with the consistency!

4. Good luck with your goals! I’m also getting married this year, so fitness and being in shape is at the top of my list as well 🙂 I hope you can enjoy the process!

5. Karen says:

It is going to be a big year for you 🙂
    I am trying to check things of little by little, I like breaking the big things down into little tasks! For now I am focused on training and checking off my work outs.

Breaking down goals into small tasks is a great way to stay productive! I try to do the same thing. There’s something so satisfying about checking off a task that it makes you want to accomplish more!

6. Taylor says:

I totally understand how you are feeling about the wedding planning process. It definitely became way more stressful than enjoyable at times. Try not to worry as it will all come together. I love the organization of your house as a goal. When we moved this last year, I got rid of 10+ boxes worth of stuff we don’t need. I created a donate, keep and trash pile. It felt so good to get rid of all that stuff and organized all my drawers, cabinets, and closets.

It must have felt great to get rid of so much clutter when you moved! Organization can really make a difference in the way we feel.