It’s Thursday, and that means it’s time for some Thursday Thoughts, brought to you by Running with Spoons’ Thinking Out Loud linkup!
- My New Year’s resolutions are going fairly well so far. Have I been eating perfectly this week? No. Is it a vast improvement over December? Yes. So I’m going to take that as a win and just aim to improve week over week.
- We got our save the date pictures back from our photographer, and they came out great! I was pleasantly surprised to see that we were able to find such great backgrounds around our house and property, and D and I were able to pick 4 nice ones to put on the cards.
- The save the date magnets we designed with those pictures should be arriving this Saturday, and I’m both looking forward to and dreading addressing all those envelopes. I was going to print out labels, but after some debate back and forth, I think I will end up hand writing the addresses. On the plus side, now that we’re doing something like this, I will have my address book completely up to date!
- In other wedding-related news, we met with a videography company last night, and I’m happy to say we can now check another vendor off our “to find” list. Next will probably be flowers or cake.
- I’ve been spending a small fortune lately on planner stickers, so I’ve decided I’m going to try to design a few of my own. I’m mostly interested in headers and very functional stickers rather than things that are purely decorative. I’m ordering some sticker paper today, so we’ll see how this goes.
- New Year’s Eve was spent in a pretty low key manner this year. D and I went over to my parents’ house for dinner, where we had Chinese takeout and caught up for a few hours. We left around 9 to come back home because both of us were exhausted and not feeling the best. We went to bed early, but got to see the ball drop right before falling asleep!
- This weekend, D and I are planning to pop into a wedding expo that’s happening in a nearby town. We randomly got a flyer in the mail about it and said “why not?” I’ve never been to anything like this before, so I’m excited.
- We had our first snowfall of the season right before New Year’s that was significant enough to shovel. It wasn’t much in quantity, but it immediately froze over, and D and I spent the next 3 days chiseling the ice off the driveway and stairs. Luckily since then, there hasn’t been much going on weather-wise, and I’m trying to stay optimistic! After last year’s 100 inches of snow in one month’s time, I’m a little traumatized 😉
What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
Any snow in your part of the world lately?