Happy Thursday! It’s time to link up with Thinking Out Loud, and what am I thinking about today? My wedding to do list. Here are ten things I have left to do:
- Picking out wedding bands: I’m pretty sure this will be easier than it was to pick out the engagement ring, but I know D is going to be pretty selective about his own ring. I think we might go and start browsing this weekend!
- Finishing the registry: We’ve got the majority of things picked, but there are still a few items left including China and some odds and ends.
- Ordering a cake: Perhaps we’ll do some cake tasting this weekend too!
- Ordering invitations: Having just sent out our save the dates, I feel like I know what to expect going into this one.
- Picking the featured songs: For instance father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, etc. We do already have our first dance song picked out though! Interestingly, we’ve known what that would be since the first year we dated.
- Planning and booking the honeymoon: We’re pretty set on Italy as the destination. Now to book it!
- Bridesmaids dresses: This one is going to be slightly difficult because the majority of the bridal party lives out of state. Because of this, I’ve been avoiding even thinking about this to do! I need to get on that.
- D’s tux and the outfits for the men
- Writing vows: If it was up to me, we wouldn’t be writing our own vows. Something about having to speak aloud to everyone I know the deepest feelings I have freaks me out. That’s the introvert in me coming out. However, this is very important to D, so I’m on board.
- Picking the menu, bar options and appetizers: Luckily our venue provides all food, so it’s only a matter of selecting from a (very extensive) menu and letting them know what we decide. Both D and I have Italian families that are very enthusiastic about their food and drink, so this is important!
So there’s the ten that came to mind first! I could go on and on and on about the remaining things we have to do – it’s a never ending list! I’m pretty excited about doing the things we have left, and I can’t believe we’re closing in on the five month mark.
When was the last time you went to a wedding?
What did you like/dislike about the last wedding you attended?