It’s finally Thursday, which means it’s almost the weekend! Plus, today happens to be Thinking Out Loud Thursday. Here’s what’s on my mind today:
- This week I decided it was time to buckle down on the savings for the wedding. I’ve been tracking every dollar I spend this week, and as a result, I’ve been saving so much money on unnecessary Amazon purchases, extraneous lunches out, etc. Writing things down seems to keep them in check!
- This week I was also sidelined with a bit of a cold, which is no surprise since practically every person in my office has been sick lately. Luckily, it hasn’t been too bad, and I just hope it stays that way.
- We were supposed to get a huge snowstorm this weekend, but it looks like we’re only going to get sideswiped by the storm, while everyone further south on the east coast is going to get slammed. I do feel for the people living in those cities, and I’m sure we’ll get ours later in the season.
- Once the end of January comes around, I always start to feel like we’ve made it through the worst part of winter. In my head, winter starts in October (which it often really does), and when it snows that early in the season, it can feel like you’ll never see the sun again. I know we’ve still got 2 months to go now, but we’re in the home stretch!
- Can you tell I don’t like winter very much? 🙂
- I think eventually, like maybe in a decade or when circumstances change, I will in all seriousness be ready to move to a warmer climate. I have dreams of living in Florida.
- Tonight, D and I will be attending a Bruins game, and I’m looking forward to going out and having fun for a few hours with him. It’s Bruins vs. Canucks which is a rivalry that has been going on since they faced each other in the finals a few years ago.
- This week, D and I watched two movies we missed seeing in the theaters over the fall: The Visit* and The Martian*. Both movies were excellent for very different reasons. The Visit was creepy and disturbing, with a crazy plot twist and the Martian was one of my favorite types of movies – space dramas. I had read the book last year and loved that too.
* Affiliate links
Have you seen any good movies lately?
What are your thoughts on winter? Love? Hate?