It’s time for my random thoughts of the week and tid bits from life:
- Did you catch my post on vegetarian eating at Tokyo Disney? Check it out here. Even if you don’t care about the vegetarian food aspect, check it out purely for a look into Tokyo’s Disney parks, which are quite incredible.
- I had my first experience with my site going down today. It was that mysterious database connection error that you sometimes see when a site goes down. I have no idea why it happened, but after much research and some troubleshooting, I was able to get it back up. Hopefully that was a one time thing!
- I just recently caught up on the new season of Dance Moms. Anyone else watching? I’ve been watching since the beginning of the series, but I have to say sometimes the drama just gets to be too much screaming and drama. Sometimes I just want to watch the actual dancing!
- Something about me that you may not know is that I took dance classes for 10 years when I was younger. I started when I was 8 and stopped after I graduated high school. I loved it very much, and often wish I had kept it up beyond high school. Tap was my specialty, but I also dabbled in jazz and ballet.
- How did everyone fare in the blizzard over the weekend? Boston didn’t get hit with the brunt of it, but we did get about 4-5 inches, which D and I spent most of Sunday morning cleaning up. While it sucks at the time, I always say that shoveling snow is a great workout. It’s not only cardio, but an upper and lower body workout as well.
- Since I started tracking my spending every day, I’ve noticed a significant decrease in spending overall. I’m now a week and a half in, and the results are making me happy. Previously, I would log in to my credit card account on pay days and be somewhat surprised to see how much money had flown out of my account. Now, not only do I know exactly what to expect (because it’s already listed in my planner), but it’s significantly less than it ever was. I hope I can keep this up for a few months!
- Part of the challenge of planning my wedding right now is that the majority of the wedding party lives out of state, including the maid of honor and best man. Anyone ever deal with this before? I’m trying to figure out the logistics of things like bridesmaids dresses and the bridal shower, among other things. I’m sure it will all get worked out somehow, but right now it’s a bit crazy.
- And I think that’s all the thoughts I have time for because my lunch break has run out and I have about 55,000 emails to respond to!
Tell me something random from your week!