It’s been a few weeks since I last participated in Thinking Out Loud Thursday, so we have a lot to catch up on!
- The biggest news is that my bridal shower was this past weekend. It was amazing! Our extended families got to meet for the first tim,e and I got to see a lot of people I haven’t seen in quite a while. We were very spoiled that day. I will write a more comprehensive recap post soon.
- Now that all the invitations are out, it’s been very exciting to come home and check the mail everyday. It’s 2 months to the wedding – crazy!
- In other news, for the past few days, I’ve been catching up on the latest season of Girls. I’ve watched the series off and on anytime it appeared for free on demand, but the last season was a bit on the boring side. I’m pleasantly surprised to be enjoying season 5 a lot more.
- I especially like that a portion of this season takes place in Japan. I’m noticing that I can understand a lot of Japanese when I’m listening to small talk, which is a good sign. However, when hearing full conversations, I’m pretty lost. D and I are planning to do a lot more studying of the language before our trip.
- D and I have also been spending a few nights a week watching the NHL playoffs. Our team, the Bruins, didn’t make it into the playoffs this year, but we’re following a few other teams.
- Interestingly, I had absolutely no interest in hockey before I met D, but after watching a season or two with him at the beginning of our relatioship, I actually became interested. Now it’s something we can talk about together and have fun with.
- Tuesday night I was up at 4 in the morning not sleeping, and I filled up my shopping cart on Etsy with $45 worth of planner stickers. I decided to back slowly away from my phone and didn’t place the order. I’m proud of myself for not spending!
This week I met up for dinner with my future maid of honor and her new boyfriend. It was great to catch up and we ended up eating at a new restaurant nearby – Wahlburgers
- They had a portobello burger which was decent, and I also got a side of sweet potato tots, which were delicious. Overall though, the experience didn’t live up to the hype. There were some glitches during the meal with service and my friends didn’t enjoy everything they ordered. Still though, we had fun and it was long overdue for us to have some time to catch up on life.
- It’s spring, and today it’s going to be 70 degrees. I’m happy!
I’ll be back later this weekend with this month’s BoxyCharm review. I hope everyone is having a great week!
Follow me on social media!
Vegetarians: do you prefer veggie burgers or portobello burgers?
What TV shows have you been binge watching lately?