Today I’m linking up with Running With Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
- I’m writing this post at 5 in the morning, and I’ve already been awake for two hours! Yeah, not so good. I’ve been having a ton of trouble getting a full night of sleep lately and have taken to waking up between 2-4 AM and not being able to go back to sleep. Not very fun.
- On the flip side, at least I’m being productive during the extra hours I suddenly have during the day.
- Before starting on this post, I spent some time with my planner, looking ahead into the first few weeks in September. There’s just something so calming about working on my planner. Anyone else feel that way?
- I’m looking forward to the weekend because my birthday is on Sunday! D and I will be heading to my family’s house on Saturday to celebrate and then will be going out to eat on the day of. My birthday completely snuck up on me this year what with all the excitement from the wedding/honeymoon.
- Whenever we go out for dinner on my birthday, I inevitably end up picking a Mexican restaurant as my choice. Mexican food is my absolute favorite, and unfortunately it seems so difficult to be able to find a good one in the area where I live.
- For the first time in many years, I’m actually looking forward to the fall season. Generally, fall is a depressing season for me because I know that it means winter is around the corner, and where I live, winter is fairly bad. But this year, there is a lot less life stress in general, and I find myself actually looking forward to the subtleties of the season.
- In the meantime, I’m still enjoying the last remnants of summer. The weather hasn’t cooled off yet, which is fine with me, and I’ve been getting out and doing a lot of walking during the work week.
- Which is great because I recently joined a Step Bet. I’m in the last two weeks of the six week bet right now and I’m still hanging in there! I thought it would be a lot easier than it is, but the step goals they give you really keep you on your toes. I’ve been averaging 75,000 – 80,000 steps per week since I started.
Are you looking forward to fall or dreading winter?
Do you have good Mexican restaurants where you live?