The gist of the award is that the previous recipient nominates 11 of their favorite blogs that currently have fewer than 200 readers. The nominated bloggers then posts 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the previous blogger, nominate 11 more blogs with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer. Sounds like a fun idea, so here we go!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. In college, I majored in journalism because I always loved writing and editing. However, throughout the course of the program I figured out I wouldn’t be happy with journalism as my career because I’m way too shy to do all the interviewing, calling people up, ambushing people on the street for quotes, etc. Instead, I ended up as a computer programmer.
2. While I was in college, I had to awesome internships that I’ll never forget: Junior year I worked for Glamour Magazine (FYI – all the rumors you hear about the fashion industry are true) and senior year I worked for MTV.com. I would have loved to have stayed at MTV after college if I could have afforded to live in NYC on an entry level salary.
3. When I was a kid, I used to put on dancing and singing shows with my brother, and occasionally with a cousin or friend thrown in too. I would spend all summer choreographing and putting together the song list and then we would have a big show. I started this tradition when I was 8.
4. I didn’t have a sip of alcohol in my life until the age of 25.
5. My favorite snack of all time is nachos.
6. Some favorite TV shows: the Sopranos, Gilmore Girls, the Simpsons, Sex and the City, Real Housewives of OC, Seinfeld, the IT Crowd
7. I’ve been living with my boyfriend for 2.5 years.
8. I come from an Italian background, and my family is huge and loves food.
9. I took dance classes all throughout elementary school and high school. I did tap, jazz and ballet, but tap was my favorite.
10. My favorite type of movie to watch is horror. D and I try to marathon as many horror movies as possible during the month of October – it’s our Halloween tradition.
11. I became a vegetarian at the age of 16.
Questions from Meagan
When is your birth date? (you can just do month/day if you want) 8/28
How many siblings do you have? 1 – a brother
What is your favorite color? Purple
How many countries have you been to? Which ones? I’ve only been to one country outside of the US and that was Japan. I loved it there and hope to go back someday.
Do you have any hidden talents? What are they? I’m awesome at organization and planning – does that count??
What is your current TV show addiction? Real Housewives and Dance Moms (yes, I love reality TV).
What is your favorite workout? Dancing and zumba
Who is your celebrity crush? I don’t have one right now, but my biggest of all time were the boys from ‘NSync when I was a teenager.
Do you have a favorite team that you root for? If so, who? I’m not really into sports, but since moving in with my boyfriend, the two of us watch hockey a lot and we root for the Bruins.
Where did you grow up? Right outside of Boston, not far from where I live now.
Why did you start blogging? I’ve been a huge blog reader for years and years and had always wanted to start my own. Finally I just decided to do it!
I’ve got 6 – it was a bit tough to figure out readership counts, but regardless, I enjoy reading all of the blogs below. Here are my nominations!
A Runaround Life
Living n Learning by Amy
My Raw Recovery
The Fevered Pen
11 Questions for The Nominees
1. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
2. What’s your favorite place to vacation?
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
4. Snow: Love it or hate it?
5. Favorite movie?
6. Favorite TV show?
7. Favorite blog?
8. Where did/do you go to college and what made you decide on that particular school?
9. What do you do for a living?
10. Opinion on reality TV?
11. Do you prefer going to the gym or working out at home?