Today’s Thinking Out Loud is going to be based on what’s been on my mind non-stop: my upcoming wedding! We’re now slightly less than 3 months out from the big day, so it’s no surprise that there’s a lot to think and talk about.
- Two weeks ago, D’s sister and I went to look at bridesmaids dresses. I wasn’t sure what we were going to find, or even what I was hoping for other than the color being purple. However, it didn’t take us long at all to find a beautiful, long purple gown that fit all the requirements of the other girls. It was so much easier than I thought it would be to find something, and since then, all the girls have ordered their dresses!
- The day after that, D and I visited a florist that had been recommended to us by our venue. We met at her home, and she was extremely sweet and accommodating to what we did and didn’t want. She didn’t even seem to mind when D prefaced our appointment with the statement: “My fiancee doesn’t like flowers” (which is true – I don’t). Flowers – booked!
- Last week, our order of invitations arrived. They came out great! I was nervous during the ordering process that some detail was going to get messed up, but it turns out I had nothing to worry about.
- Now I have 100 invitations strewn about on my dining room table waiting for me to do all the addressing, stamping, stuffing and sending.
- Before I can send them out though, I have to finish putting together our wedding website. I decided to code one from scratch, since I am a web developer and all. It hasn’t been too much work to get something up, but there are a few details left and a lot of pictures to add. Then we’re good to go!
- Also this week we met up with our officiant for the second time to go over our choices for the ceremony. She told us we were really on top of things and organized (that’s one of the biggest compliments anyone can give me “you’re so organized!” 🙂
- Next week we’re going back to the cake shop to finalize our cake design. We think we know what we want, and it’s just a matter of printing out some ideas we found online and bringing them with us.
- As if that wasn’t enough wedding activity for the past few weeks, this coming weekend we scheduled a dance lesson so we can start working on our first dance. Then on Sunday, I’m going to pick up my wedding dress, which has already come in.
- I’m super nervous to try it on, but at least this isn’t going to be a fitting appointment. Apparently they want you to come in to pick it up and pay the balance first, and then schedule a fitting afterward.
- And, last but not least, my bridal shower is scheduled for two weeks from this coming Sunday! We have already begun receiving gifts in the mail from people who won’t be able to attend. It’s been unexpected and fun.
Whew! That was a whirlwind. I knew we’d been busy lately, but putting it all down at once makes me realize how much it really has been.
Tell me one of your random thoughts from the week!
If you’re engaged/married, what was the most fun part of the planning process? The most stressful?